My wife and I have been playing WoW for 10+ years. I’ve played without a break for that time. My wife has taken long breaks away from the game. My oldest daughter (in college now) has played on and off for a couple of years but never consistently. My son just got his own account this year.
This expansion will be the first time the four of us will all be playing at the same time.
I want to make the expansion a special, fun experience. So, this Saturday we’re planning an all day WoW-a-thon. We’re all saving one of our level 100 toons to start that day so that we can all level up from 100 together.
The plan is:
- Eat breakfast together. That’s a big hurdle, since the kids prefer to sleep until noon.
- Watch the South Park WoW episode as a warm-up
- Play through our Class Order Hall / Artifact weapon quests, which are solo affairs
- Have Hot Pockets and soda for lunch, like “real gamers” do
- Play together for a few hours, probably finishing a zone, and maybe run a dungeon as a group. (my daughter has a DK she will use and learn to tank)
- Order pizza for dinner
- Play more into the evening
While the food may give us indigestion, the family is all looking forward to the event. I’m just using it as family time and a chance to hang with my kids, even if it is in a virtual world.