Disclaimer: datamining is unreliable. Nothing here is certain to make it live.
Disclaimer: these talents, even datamined, may not be in their right place in the talent tree.
Now that that is out of the way, let look at what the dataminers have found in the Legion beta files.
- Nightstalker… still there, unchanged
- Subterfuge… still there, unchanged
- Shadow Focus… still there, unchanged. The entire first tier of talents is still there, but it has been moved to the 2nd tier (level 30)
- Deadly Throw… GONE
- Nerve Strike... GONE
- Combat Readiness… GONE. The entire second tier of talents has been removed.
- Cheat Death… still there, unchanged
- Leeching Poison… still there, unchanged
- Elusiveness… still there, unchanged. The entire 3rd tier of talents is still there, but moved to the fourth tier (level 60)
- Cloak and Dagger.. GONE
- Shadowstep… moved to baseline, obtained at level 13(?)
- Burst of Speed… GONE. The entire fourth tier of talents is removed.
- Prey on the Weak… GONE
- Internal Bleeding… still there, unchanged
- Dirty Tricks… GONE
- Shuriken Toss… GONE
- Marked for Death… still there, unchanged. In a later tier
- Anticipation… still there, unchanged. In an earlier tier
- Venom Rush… still there, increase in max energy part has been removed and moved to a separate talent, but still gives increased energy regeneration rate for every enemy poisoned
- Death from Above… still there, unchanged, which is surprising since I don’t think anyone really used it in WoD.
- Shadow Reflection…GONE
So we see that ten of our old talents have been removed or made baseline. Here are the new talents that replace them:
- Master Poisoner – increases poison damage by 10% and non-damaging poison effects by 20%
- Elaborate Planning – finishing moves grant 20% increased damage for 4 seconds
- Hemorrhage (!) – basic attack that increases bleed damage on the target and awards 1 combo point. Costs 30 energy.
Wow, Hemo in Assassination (unless this is a datamining glitch). It costs more than half of the energy of Mutilate and does less than half the baseline damage, but the increase in bleed damage is hard to calculate. It will be interesting to see if it is worth choosing that as a tier 1 talent over a more straightforward one like Elaborate Planning.
- Deeper Strategem – you may now have up to 6 combo points and finishing moves can cosume up to 6 combo points
- Vigor – increases maximum energy by 50 and base energy regeneration rate by 10%
- Paralytic Poison – its back! Removed in WoD, it has returned in a new form. Causes 10% increased duration of Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot.
- Thuggee – Each time the target takes bleed damage there is a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Garrote, but the silence from Garrote now only lasts 1 second. Also, it makes me think of the second Indiana Jones movie.
If you take Vigor (3rd tier) and Venom Rush (7th tier) then you have 150 energy and a super-fast regeneration rate.
Thuggee seems odd. Garrote only has a 15 second cooldown. Do we need a talent that might reset it?
- Numbing Poison – not the same as the old min-numbing poison. Each application increases your damage on the target by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times.
- Alacrity – Finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to grant 1% haste for 20 seconds. Stacks up to 25 times.
I don’t get the Alacrity as written. If it only lasts 20 seconds, there is no way to stack it 25 times, unless each new application also extends the duration of previous applications. If that is the case, then as long as you use a 5-point finisher once every 20 seconds, you will eventually have +25% haste.
- Blood Sweat – every time you deal bleed damage, there is a 30% chance to spread it to a nearby target
Thank goodness there is no more reagent cost to switch spec. People will be switching in and out of Blood Sweat for single vs multi target fights.
As typical with rogues, there are no sweeping changes here. We’ll see more changes in the
Combat Outlaw spec.