I finally got around to transmogrifying my gear.
I really wasn’t in a hurry to do this. I liked the Firelands/Dragon Soul gear and I didn’t feel a tremendous need to change its appearance. Still, I figured that there was probably some room for improvement.
I originally thought I’d go with the standard rogue-ninja-all-in-black look. I crafted a ‘mogging set based on the Nightscape pieces. I added a few other items to fill out the set and and the change. It was… dull. Flat black with no flair and way too cliche.
So, back to the drawing board. I have almost the full Bloodfang and Slayers sets in my bank, so I considered those. I decided that I didn’t want to wear one of the tier sets, and that I needed something more interesting. After thinking it over, I realized that I didn’t really like red as a rogue color.
After a lot of thinking and browsing armor pieces online, I decided to use a recolor of the Bloodfang set made up of individual pieces that drop throughout Karazhan. It only took a few runs to get most of the pieces. I have almost a complete set. Here’s how I look right now:
I’m still missing a couple of matching pieces but the ones I have don’t look too terrible.
Here’s the rundown of what I have:
- Head: Cursed Vision of Sargeras, drops from Illidan in Black Temple
- Shoulders: Bladed Shoulderpads of the Merciless, drops from Chess Event in Karazhan (OR Forest Wind Shoulderpads from The Curator in Karazhan looks the same)
- Chest: Stonebough Jerkin from Nightbane (OR Chestguard of the Conniver from Nightbane looks the same) in Karazhan
- Hands: Gloves of Dexterous Manipulation from Attumen (OR Mitts of the Treemender from Maiden of Virtue looks the same) in Karazhan
- Legs: Earthsoul Leggings from the Opera Event (OR Skulker’s Greaves from Netherspite looks the same) in Karazhan
- At the moment, my boots are Dark Leather Boots, made with Leatherworking. They look so-so with the set. I will eventually get the Edgewalker Longboots from Moroes in Karazhan
- At the moment my belt is not ‘mogged at all. It will eventually be the Gronn-Stitched Girdle from Gruul in Gruul’s Lair
- I’m wearing the Shadow Wing Armbands from Dragon Soul with no mogging. They match fairly well with the set.
- I’m wearing a white shirt under the armor, which gives color to my arms between the shoulders and bracers.
- I have the cloak turned off. I can’t find a cloak that looks good with the set, and I think the effect is better without a cloak, anyway.
I’m missing the bracers, belt, and boots that drop in Karazhan. More Kara clears for me!
I like the look. Its dark, which is rogue-ish, but not black. The shoulders are eye-catching but not excessive. I like the way Illidan’s blindfold goes with the rest of the gear.
I have not yet done anything with my daggers. That’s not too important to me. Whatever daggers I have will primarily show the enchant effect so you don’t see much of the dagger, anyway.