In the ever-changing world of dps pwnage, the class at the top of the heap seems to change at the whim of the developers. Currently, it seems like hunters and mages have it good Rogues are competitive but clearly not the best dps.
In patch 4.2 it looks like there will be rogue damage buffs to all three specs.
I’m not going to go into any discussion here, because we know that anything on the PTR today might be gone tomorrow. Here’s what is there right now:
- Assassin’s Resolve damage bonus has been increased to 20%, up from 15%.
- Vile Poisons now increases poison damage by 12/24/36%, up from 7/14/20%.
- Savage Combat now increases attack power by 3/6%, up from 2/4%.
- Vitality now increases attack power by 30%, up from 25%.
- Elusiveness now reduces the cooldown of Cloak of Shadows by 15/30 seconds, up from 10/20, and now also reduces the cooldown of Combat Readiness by 15/30 seconds.
- Sanguinary Vein damage to bleeding targets has been increased to 8/16%, from 5/10%.
Alas, as Blizzard giveth, they also taketh away. Cloak of Shadows is getting a longer cooldown (2 minutes, up from 90 seconds). /sadface
More comments on this when the patch is closer and we can believe what the patch notes say.