I only run one heroic per day (if that), so it took me until yesterday to finally see all of the heroic instances. Here’s my impression of some of the the bosses I like and dislike.
Throne of the Tides:
- Like: Commander Ulthok. While it is a kiting fight, I can spend most of my time behind / off to the side and can maintain single-target dps.
- Dislike: Mindbender Ghur’sha. Target switching and moving out of line-of-sight of his shadow beams is frustrating and disruptive to our dps.
- Like: Slabhide. Healers dislike this one because there are a lot of line of sight issues, but for us its focused damage except the brief moments we duck behind a stalagmite to avoid Crystal Storm.
- Corborus. Well, everyone hates Corborus. In particular for rogues, the little shards need to be AoE’d down, but our FoK requires us to be in melee range so we end up taking a lot of damage if we need to help take down the adds.
- Like: Asaad. Basic tank and spank. The other fight mechanics like jumping and moving are not too disruptive.
- Dislike: Altairus. The upwind/downwind mechanic is obnoxious when you’re trying to stay behind the boss. The tornadoes are everywhere.
- Like: General Husam. Another kiting fight with occasional running out to avoid AoE effects. If you’re lucky enough to avoid randomly being thrown into a pillar, then its a dance to stay behind the boss while avoiding the mines on the ground. Fun.
- Dislike: Siamat. Lots of target switching and running across the combat area to acquire new targets.
Halls of Origination
- Like: Temple Guardian Anhuur. There is something satisfying when you pop Tricks onto the tank before jumping down, and then you FoK and watch all the snakes run away from you to the tank, leaving the way clear for you to pull the lever.
- Dislike: most of the bosses are dps burns so none stand out as particularly unlikable.
- Like: Erudax. Anytime the strategy is “burn the adds asap” you know that rogues are into it. Gives me a reason to spec into Deadly Brew
- Dislike: Drahga Shadowburner. I have a hard time finding the invoked spirits when I am staring at the back of the boss.
- Like: Baron Ashbury. I enjoy fights where I have to interrupt. It gives me something extra to do beside my dps rotation.
- Dislike: Commander Springvale… unless you drag him outside to avoid the adds when this becomes much simpler.
- Like: Vanessa Van Cleef. Who could dislike swinging on ropes?
- Dislike: Foe Reaper 5000 because I spend half the fight running away from him. Also Cookie. Its really tough for melee to get close enough to attack with all the bad food lying around. And Ripsnarl, for that matter, because of the frequent target switching. Oh, and don’t forget Glubtok… that moving wall of flame is hard on melee.
- Like: Beauty. Basic tank and spank.
- Dislike: Karsh Steelbender. I hate taking unavoidable AoE damage in a fight. I end up spending a lot of combo points on Recuperate, which helps out the healer but makes it hard to keep my damage rotations going.