Level 80… at last.
Here’s what happened to me gear-wise when I hit 80.
I had already leveled my LW to 440 and collected the mats I would need, so I immediately crafted my Trollwoven Spaulders, Trollwoven Girdle, and Ice Striker’s Cloak. Someone in the guild donated a belt buckle for my new belt, so that added a gem slot.
So that was seven new pieces of gear within about an hour. All of it is pre-raid, re-heroic, pre-rep grind. My AP went up by several hundred. My crit rating is still in the toilet and my hit rating is not what it should be. I hope that loot from heroics will solve that.
Here is how I stand right now:
- Main Hand: Saronite Shiv
- Off Hand: Librarian’s Paper Cutter or Saronite Shiv
- Ranged: Hemet’s Trophy Gun
- Head: Headguard of Retaliation
- Neck: Choker of Betrayal
- Shoulders: Trollwoven Spaulders
- Chest: Drake Rider’s Tunic
- Back: Ice Striker’s Cloak
- Wrist: Eviscerator’s Bindings
- Hands: Eviscerator’s Gauntlets
- Waist: Trollwoven Girdle
- Legs: Chain Gang Legguards
- Feet: Rhino Hide Kneeboots
- Finger: Jagged Ice Band
- Finger: Signet of Baron Sliver or Angelista’s Revenge or Ring of Foul Mojo
- Trinket: Dragonspine Trophy
- Trinket: Chuchu’s Tiny Box of Horrors or Darkmoon Card: Crusade
Overall stats right now (unbuffed)
- 718 Agility
- about 2500 AP depending on which dagger and ring I wear
- 230 hit rating with Saronite Shiv, 185 with Paper Cutter (I can get it higher with other gear by sacrificing some crit and AP)
- about 19% crit (per paper doll), depending on specific trinkets (much higher in actuality once talents kick in during combat)
- 15k health
Note: see that I am wearing five pieces that I crafted with Leatherworking. Yes, LW is useful for pre-raid gear. Unfortunately, I expect to replace most of those once I am raiding.
Now – a dilemma. Someone in the guild has offered to craft me a Titansteel Shanker. That would replace my Saronite Shiv. At first glance it looks like a good upgrade. But my hit rating is already low. To lose the +55 hit from the Shiv could be problematic. I’m worried that it will slow down my poison stacking and impact my Envenom cycle.
I think I’ll spend today at the Practice Dummy.