I am still having fun in Outland. There is no burnout here. But I remember when BC was released and how great those first few weeks were. Yes, I am ready for a double-helping of fun.
How do I define fun?
- I am going to level at my own pace, and not try to rush and be the first (or second, or fifth) in my guild to get to level 80.
- I’m going to read quest texts, and enjoy the storylines.
- I’m going to do quests without any quest helper add-ons. If I get stuck I’ll use WoWHead, but the quest add-ons just make the process too mechanical and takes all the fun out of exploration.
- I’m going to make sure to level all of my professions as I go, and not just wait until I hit 80 and powerlevel them. That includes my leatherworking, skinning, fishing, first aid, and cooking.
- I am going to run every instance at the appropriate level. This didn’t happen in BC, where I missed out on Underbog, Slave Pens, Mana Tombs and Auchenai Crypts until I far outleveled them.
- I am going to run/quest with my family and guildmates, even though that is a little slower than doing it solo.
- I am going to enjoy the lore.
- I am going to help my guildmates so that they are ready to raid with me at level 80.
- I’m going to take more screenshots this time around than I did in BC. I’ll post them to Path of a Hero, because that looks like a neat way to track your progress as you level.
- I am … still not going to PvP
That’s the way I plan to have fun. How about you?