The expansion may only be two months away. If the rumors are true, then I only have maybe eight weekends left to raid before moving to Northrend and leaving Outland behind.
Here are some things that I want to do before the expansion. They are not things that are necessary, like leveling professions or getting alts to 70 or anything like that. These are things that I’d like to do, because if I don’t do them before WotLK I probably never will.
- Kill Magtheridon. We have Gruul on farm but haven’t had any success on Mag.
- Get my “Champion of the Naaru” title. In order to do this, I have to accomplish #1 on the list, as well. But I still have to do heroic Shattered Halls and heroic Shadow Lab before killing Mag.
- Kill a T5 boss. We’ve been in TK and SSC each once. I’d like to get at least someone in my guild… anyone a piece of T5 gear.
- Get either the Dragonspine Trophy or the Shard of Contempt. I have coveted these items for a while but have not obtained either. Actually, I may come back to get those after the expansion if I don’t have them by November. If the gear reset in WotLK is not so dramatic, these items might still be worth having even up to the mid-70s.
- Try Arena. I don’t do PvP at all anymore. Battlegrounds make me want to punch my computer screen. I have not tried arena, though, and it seems like I should at least give it a shot before the chance goes away until level 80.
- Do a trash pull in Black Temple, Mt Hyjal, and Sunwell. Even though we will certainly wipe, I just want to do it. To this day I have never even set foot in Onyxia’s Lair, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, or AQ40. I’d like to at least see the inside of the current raid instances before moving on, even if I’m seeing it by corpse running.
I’m not sure if I have time to get all of that done. We are short of warlocks right now, so getting more shots at Magtheridon is an iffy proposition. We run heroic Mech regularly for easy badges, but getting groups for the harder heroics – Shattered Halls, Magister’s Terrace, Arcatraz – has never been easy. And low attendance might hamper some of the raiding goals.
None of these is really necessary. This are just things I would like for a feeling of accomplishment before going on to the next step.