I’m accumulating Badges of Justice (up to 97 now), running Karazhan and Gruul’s Lair regularly, and hoping to get to Magtheridon soon. We don’t do full clears of Kara because we don’t always have someone in the raid who can summon Nightbane, and we have enough trouble with Netherspite that we leave him until last “if we have time”, and then run out of time. I am getting somewhere around 20-25 Badges a week even without running any heroics. Time to think about upgrades…
Main Hand weapon:
- Currently using Emerald Ripper
- Next upgrade: Blade of Serration. This is what I have been saving my Badges of Justice for. I should have the 105 Badges for it sometime next week. Of all the badge rewards I can get, I think this gives me the largest immediate increase in my damage output.
- Currently using Swift Blade of Uncertainty
- Next upgrade: None on the horizon. While the Edge of Oppression from heroic MgT may be a small upgrade due to its 1.3 speed and haste rating, and despite its lower dps, I don’t have any real drive to get it.
- Currently wearing Mask of the Deceiver
- Next upgrade: Netherblade Facemask. This is not much of an upgrade, but I need a 2nd piece of the T4 armor to get the 2-piece set bonus. The gloves from Curator are inferior to what I have, and there is a lot of competition in a 25 man raid for the T4 leggings from Gruul. In Karazhan there is not as much competition for drops, so I expect to get this the next time it drops from Prince. Edit: I got the Netherblade Facemask last night. As soon as I get the Glyph for it I’ll equip it.
- Currently wearing Shattered Sun Pendant of Might
- Next upgrade: none on the horizon.
- Currently wearing Bladed Shoulderpads of the Merciless
- Next upgrade: Netherblade Shoulderpads, which are already sitting in my bank. Straight up this is not really an upgrade, but once I have a second piece of the T4 set the set bonus will help a lot. Also, I have been saving up gold so if I ever see the Swiftstrike Shoulders LW pattern on the AH I will be able to buy it, and switch this out for a different T4 piece. Edit: I got the T4 helm last night, so as soon as I get the proper glyphs on them I will be equipping my two T4 pieces for the set bonus.
- Currently wearing Primalstrike Vest
- Next upgrade: None on the horizon. The Badge gear is too small an upgrade to justify spending 100 Badges. A strongly doubt I will see the Sunwell BoE LW pattern on the AH anytime soon.
- Currently wearing Primalstrike Bracers
- Next upgrade: If I can find the LW pattern for Swiftstrike Bracers I will get them. Otherwise I am sticking with these.
- Currently wearing Gloves of Dextrous Manipulation
- Next upgrade: Is Trickster’s Stickyfingers enough of an upgrade to be worth 60 Badges? If I get some other haste rating gear I would get these to stack haste. Otherwise… only if I have enough Badges after new dagger, pants, and a ring…
- Currently wearing: Primalstrike Belt
- Next upgrade: There is no way I will have 75 Badges for the Belt of the Silent Path. No other options here for right now.
- Currently wearing Fel Leather Leggings, and I have been wearing these !^$%# things since level 69, for crying out loud. These are nice pants, but also my most glaring need for an upgrade, I think.
- Next upgrade: While it would be good to get the Netherblade Breeches from Gruul, I think that I will likely not have the DKP to get them from the other two rogues in our raid group. I hope to get the Skulker’s Greaves from Netherspite. Another option is some Badge gear. The Trousers of the Scryer’s Retainer (100 Badges of Justice) or the Shallow-Grave Trousers (75 Badges) would both be nice upgrades. Unfortunately, buying either of those now would prevent me from getting my new main-hand weapon (see above). I think the Blade of Serration will have a bigger impact on my dps, so I’m going to hope for the Greaves to drop. Badge pants rank third after the dagger and ring, so that would be a ways off. I should get a drop by then.
- Currently wearing Edgewalker Longboots
- Next upgrade: There are pretty good Badge boots available, but there is no way I’ll get enough Badges for a dagger, pants, ring, and boots before WotLK. So my only upgrade option right now is the Sunrage Treads from normal MgT, and that’s not much of an upgrade.
- Currently wearing Garona’s Signet Ring and Violet Signet of the Master Assassin
- Next upgrades: Angelista’s Revenge for 60 Badges. I think this will be my next Badge purchase after the Blade of Serration. There’s a ring that you can get from the timed ZA runs, but that is not on my radar screen at this time.
- Currently using Hourglass of the Unraveller and Darkmoon Card: Crusade
- Next upgrades: Ideally – the Dragonspine Trophy. However, I think that all of the rogues and hunters in my raid group are hoarding their DKP for this, so I don’t expect to get it anytime soon. I may have to suck it up and go into the wipefest that is heroic MgT for the Shard of Contempt. I expect it will cost me 70g or more in repair bills, but its a nice trinket.
- 105 Badges for Blade of Serration
- Skulker’s Greaves from Netherspite (hopefully soon)
- T4 helm from Prince combined with T4 shoulders that I already have in the bank Done!
- 60 Badges for Angelista’s Revenge
- Maybe try MgT for Sunrage Treads and/or heroic MgT for Shard of Contempt
- Keep an eye open for Swiftstrike LW patterns on the AH