I haven’t been able to post for the past couple of days. Number one, I’ve been sick and number two, I’ve been fairly depressed due to the death of my cat who I had for eighteen years. 😦
But tonight its time to put on my game face. For the first time in over 85 days /played, Dinaer will be setting foot into a 25-man raid. I have no idea what to expect.
- How are trash pulls a challenge for 25 players? Is each trash mob as hard as a Kara boss?
- How much armor/health will raid bosses have? If it takes 5-8 minutes of continuous dps for 10 players to down Prince Malchezzar, how tough does a raid boss have to be to stand up to 25 players?
- How long will it take for us to redo buffs after a wipe? It already takes too long in 10-man raids.
- How hard will it be to go over fight strategies and assignments for such a large group?
- How can a group of twenty-five fun-loving people be in one Vent channel without it turning into chaos?
I know that a lot of you have already been raiding and have dealt with these issues a long time ago. But this is completely new ground for me and most of the people that I play with.
Another question – how will the morale be if this becomes a wipefest? I don’t want to be negative, but as far as I know neither of the mages in our raid has the stam gear to tank Krosh. If we can’t keep the mage tank alive, then it seems like we’re going to have problems. The last thing I want is for blame to get thrown around and people to feel bad. Yes – its important to hold players accountable. Yes – when one person messes up they waste consumables and cause repair bills for 24 others. But its our first time raiding. Expectations cannot be set too high.
I remember the first time we went into Karazhan, and we couldn’t kill Attumen. It was disappointing, but no one left feeling badly. We were all joking and laughing about our wipes. That’s the way I want the game to be played, and it is what I hope for in tonight’s attempt on Gruul’s Lair.
Personally, I don’t care if we wipe or not. I’m an explorer at heart. I’m excited to see a part of the game where I have never been. Live or die, loot or not, tonight will be a great time.