I will be meeting on Vent with the officers of the mirror image guild sometime in the next couple of days. I’m trying to assemble a list of questions to ask and topics to discuss. Here’s what I have so far (remember that this is one casual guild joining another, so the questions are not down to specific raid details).
- What are the responsibilities of the officers? Will any of the officers from my guild get leadership positions in your guild when we join?
- Do your members do group PvP in BG or Arena?
- On nights when you are not raiding do your members run heroics?
- How many dependable raiders do you have? After we join will there be enough who are geared and reliable enough for 25-man raids?
- How do your guild members sign up for raids? How do you choose who gets the raid spots? First-come-first-served? Raid leader chooses? Class leaders?
- How is your loot distributed? I saw on your web site that you use DKP. Could you explain your DKP system?
- Is your guild chat typically PG or R rated?
- The raid times listed on your web site are almost perfect for us, but a tad early for some. Do you actually start on time at those times? Can they be adjusted a little later – maybe 45 minutes to an hour?
Any suggestions for other questions? What other issues are likely to come up in a guild merge? Is it too presumptuous of me to ask about changing their raid times?
Someone suggested that I ask for a DKP reset so that we are not starting off way behind them. Again, is that too much to ask?