When MoP released, I had a lot of free time and I played quite a bit. As the weeks have passed, I’ve found myself with less and less available playtime. As such, I have had to pick and choose what parts of the game I would focus on.
Two and a half months after release, I’m surprised at how little I have done in the game. Blizzard wasn’t kidding when they gave us a lot of options to keep us busy.
What I have done:
- leveled two characters to 90
- got my main to Revered with Klaxxi and Golden Lotus
- got to Exalted with the Tillers
- maxed professions on most of my characters
- ran heroics on my two 90s until I was geared enough to start raiding on both characters
- Gotten to Rank 2 in the Brawler’s Guild
- made a lot of gold on the auction house
What I have not done:
- made a Pandaren character
- tried a monk
- worked on August Celestials or Shado-Pan factions
- worked on the new dailies introduced in the last patch
- any dailies at all on my alt
- pet battles (my highest level pet is 10)
- Cloud Serpent rep
- Lorewalker rep
- killed rare elites in Pandaria
- any LFR at all
I prefer not to do LFR until I have experienced the fights with my regular raid group. That’s a choice I make for my own personal enjoyment of the game. However, I think I might have to forego that philosophy in order to gear up, since we’re progressing very slowly.
It was leveling the 2nd character that really cut into my playtime. I had intended on doing all of the factions and achievements and such to completion on my rogue main. When our raid team came up short a healer, I had to devote a lot of time to leveling and gearing my resto druid alt. That cut into my time for all the optional activities.
All along I have said that that I was in no rush. I expect there to be long periods of downtime in the game where I have nothing to do, and during those times I can catch up on factions and pets etc.. However, content has been coming out faster than I expected. Can Blizzard keep this up? If so, then I may not get caught up until the end of the MoP cycle. Hopefully I’ll have playtime during the holidays to make a dent in that “to do” list.