Its a nice feeling to finish a big project. Its like finishing an epic quest chain.
I haven’t touched the blog in about three weeks. School started, and I was swamped with that (to any high school students who are reading this – you should know that your teachers work much harder than you do for the first few weeks of school). On top of that, my school administration dropped a huge project in my lap on a very short deadline. Today the project reached its completion, and I’m getting into a groove in my teaching. I may be able to get back to a normal schedule.
For the past three weeks I haven’t had the time or energy to blog, but I’ve played some WoW as a way of taking my mind off my work. Most of my time has been spent leveling my paladin (now level 75). I’m playing him as a shockadin spec, basically because no one else does.
That’s always been the way I chose my alts. I like to find the path that few others are doing. I played my priest as shadow back when no one was shadow spec, then I switched him to Discipline when that was considered good only for PvP. I leveled my paladin as prot spec from 1-70 when prot pallies did squat for damage and ran out of mana every fight. Now I’m playing him specced for holy shock, and its quite fun. I never run out of mana, and holy shock hits like a bomb on mobs around my level. I ran AN with a PuG and was able to hold my own on the damage meter. When I get him near 80 I’ll switch to prot because our guild needs more tanks.
On my main, I finally got my two T8.5 pieces with Emblems of Conquest. Either piece by itself was a side-grade for me, but both together with the two-piece bonus was an upgrade. Plus I got the Acidmaw Boots from 10-man ToC. So, three upgrades in a week – sweet. After I got them enchanted and gemmed, we went into VoA to fight the new boss, and my dps was almost 2k ahead of the next best dps class! Holy cow!
I have a few goals upcoming:
- Kill Yogg-Saron (10-man). We’ve seen the fight a couple of times. Time to figure it out and finish it off.
- Get past the darn PvP fight in normal ToC 10-man. I hate that fight with the heat of a thousand suns.
- Get back to doing the Argent Crusade dailies. I’ve got all of the titles, but I’d like the pony for my squire.
- Get some more T8 gear. The only pieces I have are the two I bought with Emblems. I have never gotten a T8 drop from 10-man Ulduar.
- Lrn2heal. I’m still struggling with my Discipline priest. I think I may be forced to switch to Holy. I have a lot of problems healing 5-man instances when the whole group takes damage, and its frustrating.
Anyway, I’m back!