With the championing system in Wrath, we have to make a choice every time we set foot into a level 80 or heroic dungeon. What tabard should we put on? Which faction should we gain rep for?
Here are some rogue-worthy things that can be obtained from the various factions.
Note: Sorry that there are no pop-up item links. WordPress.com won’t allow those scripts.
These five factions (Argent Crusade, Kirin Tor, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Wyrmrest Accord, and Alliance Vanguard/Horde Expedition) can be championed. If you run a lot of instances at level 80 you can get to the rewards relatively quickly.
- at Revered you can get the Zombie Sweeper Shotgun, which is good if you need to find hit rating from somewhere
- at Exalted there are the Boots of the Neverending Path, which are some of the best pre-raid feet in the game right now (also with a lot of hit rating)
- at Honored there is the dagger Lightblade Rivener, which is very fast (1.4) and a good option if you can’t afford the mats for the crafted daggers
- at Revered you get the Mind-Expanding Leggings, which is one of the best pre-raid leg items out there (lots of expertise)
Knights of the Ebon Blade
- at Honored, there is the Unholy Persuader fist weapon, but it is off-hand and slow
- Revered gets the must-have Arcanum of Torment, which is the best head enchant in the game for melee dps
- also at Revered, sword rogues will like the Reaper of Dark Souls as a great pre-raid weapon
- Exalted gets you the Darkheart Chestguard, which has enough agility (88) to overcome its use of the lackluster armor penetration in its stats
- Honored reputation earns you the Fang of Truth, which is a nice fast off-hand sword for combat rogues
- at Exalted you’ll get the very desirable Dragonfriend Bracers
Alliance Vanguard/Horde Expedition
- At Revered you can get the Vanguard Soldier’s Dagger (Alliance) or Warsong Shanker (Horde). They are both fairly mediocre weapon options. You should have better by the time you reach the level where you can use them.
These two factions (Sons of Hodir, Kalu’ak) cannot be championed, so you’ll have to do daily quests for their reputation rewards.
The Sons of Hodir (you’ll need to do a whole lot of quests in Storm Peaks to start getting rep)
- at Honored you’ll get the Lesser Inscription of the Axe to enchant your shoulders
- also at Honored you can buy the Spaulders of Frozen Knives, which are pretty good until you can get the crafted ones or a heroic drop
- Revered has the dagger Broken Stalactite, which has an excellent mix of +hit, +crit, and agility. Unfortunately, its slow (1.8). Its still a great option for dagger rogues.
- at Exalted you can enchant your shoulders with the Greater Inscription of the Axe. This is the best shoulder enchant out there unless you have Inscription
Kalu’ak (walrus people)
- Honored rep gets you the Whale-Skin Breastplate, which is pretty good at about level 76-77 but you’ll replace it with quest rewards and instance drops later.
- Revered has the Traditional Flensing Knife, which is a pretty good dagger but at 1.7 speed you’ll probably find better from other rep or quest rewards
These two factions (Oracles and Frenzyheart) are mutually exclusive. If you raise your rep with one you will lose rep with the other, much like the Scryer and Aldor factions back in BC. Both are located in Sholazar Basin, and the rep is gained through daily quests. You’ll have to do a series of quests for both factions before you even get the chance to choose.
- Revered rep earns you the Glitterscale Wrap. Its a very good pre-raid option if you can’t afford the crafted belt.
- At Exalted you can get the Oracle Talisman of Ablution, although I think you’ll find a lot of better trinket options out there. Its probably good for PvP.
- At Revered you can get the Azure Strappy Pants – an outstanding option until you can get the Kirin Tor ones. +53 hit rating, woot!
- Exalted earns you the Frenzyheart Insignia of Fury. If you are stacking haste this is nice.
What are you waiting for? Get out there and do some dailies!